Smart Urbanization Interdisciplinary Summer School
The INUAS “Smart Urbanization” summer school is open to bachelor’s and master’s students enrolled in a variety of degree programs at INUAS network member universities. Students from the bachelor’s programs in Facility Management, Environment & Natural Resources, Engineering, Urban Landscape, and Social Work and the master’s program in Facility Management at ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences are eligible to attend.
What does it involve?
A future workshop in the form of a summer school, featuring excursions, workshops, and case studies, lectures by speakers representing a number of different professions, a simulation, competition, and a mission: developing an innovative, sustainable, and future-proof site management concept using a real development site in Zurich.
Excursions, Workshops, Topics (selection):
- Future Focus Smart City: GREENCITY moving toward the Smart City neighborhood of the future with smart site management (in collaboration with LosingerMarazziAG)
- GREENCITY is THE future showcase neighborhood to illustrate Zurich’s vision for its 2000-Watt Society. And the city also intends to implement and maintain this vision in its regular operations. To this end, an innovative site management concept was developed that includes a smart neighborhood app.
- Future Focus Smart Building: NEST – LivingLab, vertical neighborhood, EnergyHub and THE Swiss showroom for innovation in the building sector (in collaboration with EMPA)
- Tour and workshop in the HSLU Workplace Innovation Module
- Topics relate to space planning, architecture and city planning, smart cities, Grünstadt Schweiz site management, lighting management, mobility management – Zurich’s urban mobility concept, energy management
Participation in the summer school is free of cost.
Information on proposals and registration, the schedule, components, and included subjects
- Inuas Summerschool Zhaw 2018 (pdf 4.38 MB)